Time flies! Half the year is already over and by now, a lot of new mobile technology advancements have been seen in the smartphone industry. While few have already been launched, the others are in advance stages. Each with its own USPs, let’s see where this industry is going and what is in store for us.
- AI-powered Mobiles – With things like Siri, Alexa or chatbots already making entry into our lifestyle, the same Artificial Intelligence technology is now penetrating deeper through our mobile phones. With voice or facial recognition techniques, the idea of using Artificial Intelligence in mobile phones is to improve customer satisfaction and provide a better customer experience
- Synced-in Wearable technology with mobile – Heard of Fitbit – a fitness bracelet or a healthcare monitor? Times have changed and now every moment of yours can be easily tracked through your mobile phone. How many steps have you taken in a day or what has been your heart rate throughout the day, just sync your phone with these wearables and keep a check? How Cool! This industry undoubtedly is one of the fastest-growing industry with revenue expected to reach over $33 billion by the 2019 year-end.
- Use of Augmented Reality – Love your Snapchat filter or crazy after Pokemon Go. Say thanks to the new era of Augmented Reality where you can superimpose a computer-generated image over a real view which can help you visualize the result of a purchase.
- Brands can take customer experience to a different level using this. Now, imagine a scenario where you could actually see how a particular outfit would look on you before even buying? That’s the power of Augmented Reality.
- Geo-fencing & location tracking – All mobile apps these days want access to track your location before you even start using them. Why because that data helps the companies push their marketing initiatives accordingly. Since most of these apps share this data with 3rd party services, they can push a sale notification or any other kind of promotion if you fall into their vicinity. Interesting indeed.
- Mobile syncing with homes – Whether you are home or away, you can sync your home with your mobile and make your life easier. Control your room temperatures, check your stock in the refrigerator or track who is ringing the bell at the door. Your mobile is capable of tracking all using various apps.
- Rising mobile wallets – Forgot your wallet at home. No worries! Now everything is stored on your mobile. Use mobile wallet like Paytm, Mobikwik or government-initiated BHIM and enjoy shopping. Companies these days are working hard to improve their mobile security. So, don’t be scared. These are secured channels to pay.
- Increase in Mobile apps usage – Whether you want to book a cab or order some food. There is a substantial increase in people’s buying behaviour through their mobile and if you are a business house not using it still, you are missing a chunk of the customers.
- Cloud-based mobile apps – So many apps on your mobile could eat away the storage space but that has a way out too. With cloud-based technology growing at a rate of 22% CAGR, you could also shift your mobile data to the cloud with the help of powerful apps like Dropbox or Slack to have some space. No need to keep a phone with great storage space. A phone with minimal space would do too.
So, these were the key trends of the year in mobile technology. How you could integrate these in your line of business, you know it best. Now, which one suits your business, choose it and use it.
We at MobiGarage provide Online mobile repair services in India with free pick and drop facility.